From: BRiTELiTE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 June 2001 16:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Coder-Com] a suggestion for a new X feature and a feature for
Bots

HI there,

I've got an idea for a new (also easy to implementable) feature for the
channel service bot X.

Some idiots on the net force us somethimes to set our channel to +im.
Okay, it is possible to get our regular visitors an auto voice with
no further Access on X, with just 1 Access point.

The thing we dont like, is: X has not a user flag (please not a level),
that allows users to invite just theirselves (but not other users!!) in
the channel, if the channel mode is +i and they're not banned.

So what about a user flag (that does not depend on a user level, because
not senseful in EVERY case) that lets users invite theirselves in a
channel?

Before i get misunderstood: I'm not talking about an auto invite.
The problem at the moment is just, that there is no possibility to let
a user invite itself (and no one other!), if he's not banned.

Surely clear: Would only have to work when the user is not banned.

It's stretching our nerves if there opens 20 queries only asking for
invitation. I think, this could be practically for many channels.

Another idea i have is for bots. At the moment, the bot can recognize,
if a "mass join" is after a split, because a "merge" server notices.
As it's no more possible to get the user mode +s since the last time,
it would be great to tell some channel bots that there is split (and
of course, the re-merge, too!!!) thru a user mode?

Just a notice, that there is coming a rejoin (and of course, a
resynch) within the next XX seconds or something... Anything that lets
the bot make a difference between a joining botnet and a resynching
split.

Surely knows the bot, that there is split (other ppl are leaving with
*.split), but the bot cant figure out when the servers mergge, no bot
will recognize. Maybe you have an idea on how to implement that.

With best regards,

Undernet's BRiTELiTE from #germany