From: Aznidin Zainuddin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sonntag, 5. August 2001 04:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Coder-Com] Re: [Help] SMS Chat

Hi, somebody at [EMAIL PROTECTED] suggested that I address my questions (att
 he bottom of this email) to coder-com.  Please respond.  Thank you.

> Hi,
>
> Suggest you address your questions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Regards,
> elm
>
> Aznidin Zainuddin wrote:
>>
>> Ops!  Sorry if I get you confused.  I didn't plan to use undernet.org
>> assets at all.  What I meant was to use Undernet open sorce IRC server
>> application as IRC server within my own closed and isolated network to
>> serve GSM users in my country only.  The isolated network knows
>> nothing about undernet.org and on the other hand, users of
>> undernet.org won't be able to connect to this network at all.
>>
>> The purpose of using ready made IRC server app is to avoid developing
>> another protocol that serves similar purpose i.e. chatting.
>> Accordingly, I don't have to bother about evolving IRC server
>> technology.  I could just concentrate on developing the mediator
>> between the IRC server and the SMSC.
>>
>> From users' point of view, those who are familiar with IRC protocol
>> will get
>> used to the new SMS service in no time.  It's just a different medium
>> i.e the handphone.  And of course, with limited device capabilities,
>> some IRC features will have to be suppressed.
>>
>> 500,000 users may be a bit exaggerated.  But I need to prepare for the
>> worst.
>>
>> I hope I've made myself clear.  I would really appreciate it if you
>> could answer my questions.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am somewhat confused. It seems you wish to use undernet.org assets
>> > which are for irc protocol.  Our servers are already working at max
>> > capacity most of the time and you wish to add an additional load of
>> > 500,000.  You have any idea what that would do?  Our users are
>> > having difficulty connecting at times now.
>> >
>> > I would suggest you develope your own protocol and setup a network
>> > for people that desire to use the protocol.
>> > You might wish to join #coders and see what ideas ppl in there would
>> > give you.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > elm

>> --
>> rgds,
>> din

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail: to do so could be a breach of confidence.  Please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.  Please
contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7212 0888 or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
if you need assistance.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This message is provided
for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to
buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments.

This e-mail has been sent through the e-mail gateway of Vizzavi Europe Limited ("VEL")
on its own account or on behalf of and for the benefit of other Vizzavi group
companies who use this facility from time to time.

VEL Registered office - 80 Strand London WC2R ORJ England. Registered in England No.
04064873

For this message in Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish,
click on http://www.corp.vizzavi.net/disclaimer/

Visit Vizzavi at: http://www.vizzavi.net/

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for
the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com