[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 07/09/2001 07:15:51:

> the point of discussion with this and cfv-165 is that the features have
been
> removed only for users.. not for opers/admins. though arguing with the
> status change is probably as futile as trying to discuss changes to
pl14.

Wrong :) opers/admins have no more ability to status any channel than
anyone else. Infact the only additional functionality in X they can use is
operpart/operjoin in the case of network problems.

The idea of a user account flag "CAN-ADDUSER-ME" has been thought of: "-X-
Error, Gte does't like being added to channels"; set it off when you
really want to be added to a channel when asked. There is no problem
adding something like that, but I've not seen anyone who wanted it :)

Cheers, Greg