Here's the problem, as it has happened to me. I did a /msg x info
myuserName and found that I have ops in a channel I've never been on
before! I am also set to auto op in said channel. The addition of me to
that channel's bot is an obvious typo, but it's now possible for me to reek
havoc in that channel if I choose to. It would be nice to have some sort of
safe guards in place so that a newly added user need to verify acceptance
on a cannel's X the first time they use X in that channel, perhaps within
24 hours of being added or the addition is voided. This could save some
channels much grief, as one simple typo of a user name puts the wrong
person on a channel's bot.
stoney`

At 02:31 PM 9/7/01 +0100, you wrote:

>The idea of a user account flag "CAN-ADDUSER-ME" has been thought of: "-X-
>Error, Gte does't like being added to channels"; set it off when you
>really want to be added to a channel when asked. There is no problem
>adding something like that, but I've not seen anyone who wanted it :)
>
>Cheers, Greg

Py Fivestones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]