hmm...

That is a good question...
I just think we should maintain the same... like if one is <AdminPass> the
other shouldn't be <User pass>. I myself like the <AdminPass> and
<UserPass> idea. I see what you mean about user = +u and Admin = +A...

What do the others at coder-com think?

~reed
R33D33R@UnderNet
R33D33R@PartyNet
R33D33R@Planetarion
UnderNet Spell Checker
PartyNet Network Administrator
Planetarion VirusFix Member/Helper/BotAdmin
cyclebot Project Administrator

P.S. I don't mind you posting to c-c@... I don't care :)
-----------------------------------
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:10:45 +0100
Carlo Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:51:07PM -0600, Reed L. wrote:
> > I found another... It's not a spelling error but it just doesn't go
along
> > with all the others...
> >
> > In the section:
> > +  { ERR_UPASSNOTSET, "%s :Cannot set user pass (+u) while Admin pass
(+A)
> > is not set.  First use /MODE %s +A <adminpass>", "554" },
> > --user should be User and <adminpass> should be <AdminPass> to
maintain
> > the case of what was said earlier. Ohh, I just noticed this. First use
> > should be First, use. That way it includes a pause for it to sound
better.

> > In the section:
> > +  { ERR_UPASSSET, "%s :Cannot remove Admin pass (+A) while User pass
(+u)
> > is still set.  First use /MODE %s -u <userpass>", "553" },
> > --<userpass> should be <UserPass> to maintain the case of what was
said
> > earlier.
>
> Hi Reed, thanks for your corrections once again.
>
> I intentionally used 'Admin' and 'user' to match the modes case (+A and
+u).
> Note that +u is lower case.  Perhaps using User is still more clear
though.
> What do you think?  I wanted to avoid confusion about the case of +u.
>
> Current:
>
> Cannot set user pass (+u) while Admin pass (+A) is not set.  First use
/MODE #channel +A <adminpass>
> Cannot remove Admin pass (+A) while User pass (+u) is still set.  First
use /MODE #channel -u <userpass>

> Possible:
>
> Cannot set User pass (+u) while Admin pass (+A) is not set.  First use
/MODE #channel +A <Admin pass>
> Cannot remove Admin pass (+A) while User pass (+u) is still set.  First
use /MODE #channel -u <User pass>

> Or
>
> Cannot set User Pass (+u) while Admin Pass (+A) is not set.  First use
/MODE #channel +A <AdminPass>
> Cannot remove Admin Pass (+A) while User Pass (+u) is still set.  First
use /MODE #channel -u <UserPass>