[snip]

> Most spam does contain the same stuff all over and over again, the so
> called unsubscribe feature (wich of course does not work and only
> generates more spam). Perhaps make something with procmail that
> checks the contents of the mail and from there put suspicious mails
> aside to be send into the list later when they turn out not to be spam.
>
> Kev himself said that html posts are not allowed, so maybe indeed reject
> em right away (or simply remove any attachments so only the plaintext
> version stays alive). If someone wants to submit a file, then perhaps put
> an ftp server up somewhere that allows uploads (with certain limits off
> course).

[snip]

Personally, I get annoyed with the majority of html posts.  they are easily
3 times the size of plain text posts.  I have been watching one in another
mailing list I am on, and after 4 replies, the message is up to 117kb -
whereas the plain text version is 17kb.

Disallowing all html email to the list would serve a double purpose, ie -
stop html email, and as the vast majority of spam is full of html crap,
would stop that too.

I see no problem with denying html email, and see it as the best and easiest
way to avoid the majority of spam.

Gavin Grieve
HeKTik @ UnderNet