I thought it's probably time to write an email explaining what we're up
to in the world at the moment.  So heres what we've done to 2.10.11

in 2.10.11:
 * /names requires a "0" to list all names since people tend to flood
themselves off.

 * Server side /JUPE

 * Server side /GLINE

 * Massive engine changes, modebuf's, joinbuf's, new networking engine)
   (The effect of this can be seen http://www.break.net/ircu10-to-11.png
   on the left is 2.10.11, on the right is 2.10.10), we've got
   scattergather, kqueue, and several other buzwords.

 * Cleaned up /map (which then got hidden later, pity)

 * Server Side /CLEARMODE

 * extended who now shows all flags for a user on a channel @ and + etc

 * /VERSION now returns 005 too.

 * Allows double digit I: limits.

 * Allows bans, glines, klines, silences etc to allow CID/R style.

 * If a topic is reset to what it already is, note the update, but don't
   pass it onto clients, thusly X's "autotopic" becomes a lot less
   annoying (and bandwidth intensive).

 * /connect with a port of "0" means "use the port from the config file"
   instead of every oper needing to remember every servers port.

 * Now gives "Protocol Violation" +g messages to help try and find and
   cleanup protocol issues.

 * most of "make config" is now in the config file (or, some of it is
   parameters to ./configure), also settable by "SET" "RESET" and "GET",
   and viewable by "stats f"

 * Kev went mad and rewrote the logging subsystem, you can now long
   sneezes via the feature mechanism above.

 * New MesgQ system for handling sendq's -- data that goes to multiple
   people only gets stored once.  Hopefully this should make netsplits a
   lot less annoying.

 * You can now twiddle the TOS bits that ircu uses, for those
   performance freaks.

 * /privs shows you what priviledges an oper has.

 * Check for clockskew from other servers and bitch 'n moan about it.

 * /stats e -- show which networking engine is in use.

 * Quit: Prefix on quit messages.

 * Display the maximum number of connects in an I: in /stats i

--
Q: How do you save a drowning lawyer? A: Throw him a rock.