>  * Server side /JUPE

/JUPE is a new feature that can be set by operators (when a feature is
turned on)

>  * Server side /GLINE

Iso means that /GLINE can now be set directly by opers instead of having
to go through a U-lined service

>  * Massive engine changes, modebuf's, joinbuf's, new networking engine)
>    (The effect of this can be seen http://www.break.net/ircu10-to-11.png
>    on the left is 2.10.11, on the right is 2.10.10), we've got
>    scattergather, kqueue, and several other buzwords.

"Massive engine changes" refers to the replacement of the old networking
core (select loop) with a system based on "events"; the new loop can be
built around not only select() or poll(), but also such interfaces as
/dev/poll or kqueue().  These loops are refered to as "engines," and we
get a massive performance benefit when we can use alternative interfaces
such as these.  The ModeBuf's and JoinBuf's are an abstraction to make
doing modes and joins programatically a bit easier.

>  * Server Side /CLEARMODE

* Server Side /OPMODE

(And again this means that opers can perform these without resorting to
U-lined services.)

>  * most of "make config" is now in the config file (or, some of it is
>    parameters to ./configure), also settable by "SET" "RESET" and "GET",
>    and viewable by "stats f"

This means that most of the compile-time options that you used to select
with "make config" are now in the ircd.conf file--documentation for this
is in doc/readme.features.  These features may also often be set on the
fly by using /SET or /RESET; current values can be retrieved with /GET
and /STATS f.  The remaining compile-time options are set via command
line arguments to ./configure--see "./configure --help" for more
information.

>  * Kev went mad and rewrote the logging subsystem, you can now long
>    sneezes via the feature mechanism above.

Well, you have more power over what logs are sent where, at least; the
logging itself hasn't really been enhanced beyond this.  But the API is
much cleaner, now :)

>  * /privs shows you what priviledges an oper has.

This actually means that opers have a bitmask of privileges associated
with them; this will eventually allow finer control of what a particular
oper can and cannot do--once the config file catches up.

>  * /stats e -- show which networking engine is in use.

This is part of the events system.

I think that covers most things.  All of the mode processing stuff has
also been rewritten, as has the MOTD subsystem.  If we left anything out,
feel free to post--we probably just forgot.  This thing's been in
development for a few years, now...
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>