You need to install libtool with the same path as automake.
So, if automake is installed with --prefix=/usr then so
has libtool.  Or, install automake again with the same prefix
as libtool and put that prefix/bin in front of your path
(so that the correct aclocal is being used).

Alternatively you can copy LIBTOOL_PREFIX/share/aclocal/*.m4
to AUTOMAKE_PREFIX/share/aclocal/

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 03:47:09AM +0000, SkyChat danfar wrote:
> Hi coder-com, sorry to bother you, I really really hope you can help me. I'm
> trying to compile GNUWorld on mdk8.1...everything has gone fine, and i've
> followed the gnuworld-setup site exactly, and i'm up to the 'gmake' of
> /home/gnuworld/gnuworld, i get this error:
>
> cd . && aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 30: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> gmake: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
>
> I downloaded Libtool-1.4.2, and that's on the desktop, all installed fine.
> I've asked in the channel to try to avoid bothering you, but to no avail. I
> hope you can help and once again thanks and sorry to be a pest.
> :) tc.

Carlo Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>