> I think I found a very little bug and thought should let you know about it.
>
> /msg <nick-that-doesnt-exist> <text> will say: no such nick.
> /notice <nick-that-doesnt-exist> <text> will return nothing.
> [18:16] -> *akvn* uh
> (Script/18:16:08) No such nick: akvn
> [18:16] -> -akvn- uh

This is by design, actually.  NOTICE is usually used when no response is
expected in the first place--strictly conforming clients and bots must
NEVER issue a PRIVMSG in response to a PRIVMSG or NOTICE, and must not
reply at all in response to a NOTICE.  I'm not certain what other servers
do in this case, and the RFC is a little ambiguous on this.  The entry for
NOTICE says, "See PRIVMSG for more details on replies and and examples,"
but the preceeding paragraph says, "[Servers] must not send any error
reply back to the client on receipt of a notice."
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>