At 23:20 24/04/2002, you wrote:
>Dear ircu coders,
>
>I think I found a very little bug and thought should let you know about it.
>
>/msg <nick-that-doesnt-exist> <text> will say: no such nick.
>/notice <nick-that-doesnt-exist> <text> will return nothing.
>[18:16] -> *akvn* uh
>(Script/18:16:08) No such nick: akvn
>[18:16] -> -akvn- uh

 From rfc1459:

  The NOTICE message is used similarly to PRIVMSG.  The difference
  between NOTICE and PRIVMSG is that automatic replies must never be
  sent in response to a NOTICE message.  This rule applies to servers
  too - they must not send any error reply back to the client on
  receipt of a notice.  The object of this rule is to avoid loops
  between a client automatically sending something in response to
  something it received.  This is typically used by automatons (clients
  with either an AI or other interactive program controlling their
  actions) which are always seen to be replying lest they end up in a
  loop with another automaton.

It dictates you may never send an error message back to a NOTICE, hence,
you dont see one. :)

--
-         Lee H  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  //  fl_ @ ircnet
-