begin quote from Michel Hubert on Oct 18, 2002:

> Since it's working with X why not +x mode be a toggle in the X config
> for that user? Like X do the /mode +x on the user rather than the user
> if it ask X to be +x by default (+x would not be the default)
>
> This still left the user to do it himself or remove it if he want it.

Based on that, I can imagine the following alternative: umode +x is set by
default upon connection to the server, then the user may issue umode -x
and X login (in that order), which will get him logged in but not
hidden. Simply logging in to X will hide him in this case.

--
Alex "Vampire-" Badea * Undernet Coder-Com contributer