On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 09:07:21PM +0800, Alex Dawson wrote:

> Also, I would also say that users who use the login-before-connect
> method have +x set by default, while users who login after connect
> have to set +x after logging in. The reason for this is that I think
> we can expect most users to use +x eventually, so we should cater to
> ease of use for them. Users who don't want to use +x face no
> significant disadvantage needing to set +x after login after connect.

Yes, this seems most sane to me.  As others have pointed out you can
potentially use NOFITY or similar to get people's real hosts if they have to
connect then log in (regardless of what happens with +x).  Therefore +x
needs to be set automatically if the "auth during registration phase" is to
be of any value.  Therefore it seems sane that users who want to use +x
should use the login-during-registration, and users that don't want +x put
the login command after registration like they do at the moment.

splidge
QuakeNet person