> These pings are new to u2.10.11, Assymetric Link Lag (AsLL) pings

Just to nitpick, it's "Asymmetric Link Latency"

> measeure the round trip time of packets to a specific server as far as I
> understood. It isn't of particularly much use to me yet right now, but I
> like to suport interesting features ahead of time :)

:)

> I believe them to be correct. I got the syntax from doc/readme.asll in
> the cvs repository.

AsLL relies heavily on clock synchronization between the servers.  If
the clocks aren't synchronized, your RTTs will be correct, but the rest
of it won't.

> On a sidenote, could someone provide me the correct syntax for an
> RPING/RPONG combination? I can't seem to make much of this either..

That's because there are 4 (!) different kinds of messages used to
implement RP[IO]NG--2 kinds of RPING and 2 kinds of RPONG.  They're
differentiated by the number of arguments.  It's not something I'm
prepared to explain right now, but the basic function is this--

* oper sends RPING, which gets routed to first server

* first server receives RPING and sends the second kind of RPING to the
  target server

* target server replies with first kind of RPONG

* first server receives RPONG and sends the second kind of RPONG back to
  the originating oper

You think this is complicated--I had to figure it out from the source
while recoding m_rping.c and m_rpong.c at one point!
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>