On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 10:00, Tim Ramsey wrote:
> Frederik Vervaet wrote:
> > Will be abused instantly. For example : users on a shared uni network behind
> > NAT will have same [EMAIL PROTECTED]  thus allowing them to collide others from
> > the same
> > network.

My thoughts are similar.  At various times, I connect a second client
from the same [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a number of reasons, mostly it is to get
around minutes of lag.  It would be very frustrating for my first client
to be collided just because I connected a second client.

> > What about allowing the user to lower the ping timeout setting on connect?
>
> That seems a usable compromise.
>
> Another fix would be to allow users to ask X to zot old nicks with the
> same [EMAIL PROTECTED] logged in to the same Cservice ID.

This seems a better solution imho, however as with all things related to
X, thou shalt get CService to want it implemented, and so it shall be
coded.  Other networks have this ability due to patches they've coded
themselves.

Gavin
aka HeKTik