Progs wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:40:56 +1300
>Andrew Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>There are several fixes:
>>Fix A: We need to globally synchronise delayed state, which means that
>>we need to transmit it in BURST. We can then apply the "don't propagate
>>WASDELAYED" because we can track delayed state in each server. Finally,
>>if a message causes RevealDelayed, it should propagate to all servers,
>>not just those with non-deaf members on the channel.
>>

>It's a solution for desynchronize delayed, but heavy.
>

>>Fix B: Deaf users can't join +D or +d channels, and users in +D or + d
>>channels can't become deaf.
>>

>It's a bad solution. What about services ?

Services usually sit on their own server, so they probably don't have to
worry. However, I agree that some bots might like to be +d on a +D channel.

>>Fix C: Deaf users joining a +D or +d channel force a full reveal to
>>everyone on that server(I think we can rule this one out)
>>

>With a message sent ?

This is a "flood everyone because of one +d" solution. That is obviously
not good, which is why I said we can rule it out.

>>Fix D: Deaf users joining a +D or +d channel can see everyone, and can't
>>set -d usermode(to prevent seeing the same join twice, when
>>RevealDelayed is called) while in channel.
>>

>bad.

Well, I suppose you get people telling newbies "/mode +d myname makes
you an operator", in which case they would like to be able to do -d
easily, but aside from that, I see little need for setting -d.

>>Fix E: Deaf users joining +D or +d channel get a full reveal, and if
>>they set -d, we set WASDEAF on all +D or +d channels they are in. Users
>>with Deaf usermode or WASDEAF status in the channel do not see messages
>>sent by RevealDelayed as they have already seen them earlier. They do
>>see parts for delayed users.
>>

>I don't understand.

See my patch. This is like D but you can set -d and you still get to see
everyone until you leave the channel.