Fellow Coder-Commies,

I have heard sporadic reports that ircu2.10.12 starts and goes into
the background but does not listen on configured ports on Linux --
today I got a report for this on SuSE 9.3 where the admin had Port {
port = 6667; }, which works on my (Ubuntu) system.  This does not seem
to be the known (and fixed) behavior under recent BSDs.

Is anyone familiar with similar reports?  If so, do you know any
details about the particular failing system call, whether it can be
fixed by either ircd or system configuration changes under 2.10.12.05,
or whether it is definitely fixed by the listening port changes ins
2.10.12.06?

Thanks,
Entrope