Hi everyone,

a discussion on #coder-com a while ago revealed that there is a small
problem in matching channel bans. For example, a ban such as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or even [EMAIL PROTECTED] (yeah, I know) will never be matched against a
client's IP address. That's because matching ordinary bans against IP
addresses was removed quite a while ago, and masks are only treated as
BAN_IPMASK when they end after the first '*'.

The only solution we could think of is to re-introduce matching normal bans
against ip addresses (sigh). I've attached a patch which does that.

Since I am currently on a Windows machine, there is no way I can verify it
works as expected, or at least none that I would survive. Nevertheless, I am
confident it works as desired. Maybe more sleep will fix that.

In fact, I think I'll run an experiment to find out right away.
Talk to you later.
-Jan