Richard writes:

> Actually they can set up a sandbox, since the under-pinnings of OS X
> is Darwin, which is freely available for download, and is all that is
> needed for ircu.

The only thing I could find after almost an hour of searching was a
list of 300 downloadable packages of source code, with no hint of the
ordering, special rules or prerequisites needed.  While that may
theoretically count as "freely available for download", it does not
really help.  I have much more fruitful things to do than spend 40
hours compiling the distribution by hand (and by trial and error).

Entrope