Hello,

  When reconnecting tonight, I saw this in my status window:

[23:30] * Connect retry #1 newyork.ny.us.undernet.org (7000)
-
[23:30] -newyork.ny.us.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[23:30] -newyork.ny.us.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
[23:30] -newyork.ny.us.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
[23:30] -newyork.ny.us.undernet.org- *** No ident response
-
* Identd request from 64.18.128.86

As you may see, my client seems to have received the ident request *AFTER* the server has given up waiting for such. Lately I have noticed I have often been un-idented when on Undernet, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out many others have found themselves in this same situation. I help people with mIRC and often we cannot figure out why they still have a tilde in their user after making sure port 113 is open and forwarded correctly and now I think this may be the problem. Of course, I may be a complete idiot, but I want you to know the last line of that connect sequence was probably close to a full minute after the other lines.

Hope this helps,
Scott (MrEen)