Dear Scott:

There are issues unrelated to ircu code that would cause this to happen;
latency between yourself and the IRC server is the first that would come
to mind.

Judging by the timestamps and other information available via my
personal logs, I'm reasonably (100%) confident that latency between you
and the server was the reason for this particular identd failure.  Your
client received the ident request after ircu had already considered it
to be 'timed out'.

Regards,
- Ralf

J. R. Lenz