shahar1 commented on PR #74305: URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/74305#issuecomment-6018741354
> Hi @shahar1, > > Could we please revert this change? > > This PR was merged without any system tests running and did not receive an approval from the our team. Given the nature of the code, the changes require closer scrutiny and shouldn't be merged as-is without a thorough review. > > As we recently noted on the mailing list (https://lists.apache.org/thread/7z1q39d8fq6ny9jj6omxkrk9o1mogmk7), we require changes to the GCP provider to be tested against real GCP resources. Catching issues during the RC phase doubles or triples our workload, so we need to ensure this goes through the proper process first. Hey Olcay, I reviewed this PR this morning with magpie to try and include this fix in today's providers release. Before merging, I didn't believe that this specific case required to run actual - which might have been a wrong decision, for which I apologize. However, as long as we don't have an automated process of system tests that is integrated as part of the CI/CD, requiring both system tests to run and your team's approval altogether slows down the reviewing process significantly, and eventually puts the burden on maintainers / Release Managers. As I was the one who merged it, I'll take responsibility for either fixing or reverting it if required, as follows: 1. Before trying to revert it, I'll work on the system tests on my own end. If they pass successfully - I'll just create the PR to insert them. 2. If there are any issues related to this commit, I'll vote -1 in the upcoming release and take care of an ad-hoc release if necessary which either reverts the PR or fixes it. I'll be more cautious next time, but I'll appreciate your understanding as for my end. I'll respond to the dev list thread later on (for some reason didn't get it on my email). -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
