allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27310:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27310

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25281](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25281)
   
   When no PubNub client is given, `PubNubEndpoint` builds one from the 
endpoint options and passes `publishKey`, `secretKey` and `authKey` to the 
builder of the PubNub client (code from the upgrade to the PubNub 10 client, 
Camel 4.9). That builder rejects `null` (checked with the SDK 13.4.4 in use), 
so an endpoint that does not set all three keys failed to start with `Parameter 
specified as non-null is null: method 
com.pubnub.internal.java.v2.PNConfigurationImpl$Builder.publishKey`. So an 
endpoint with only what a subscriber needs (`subscribeKey` and `uuid`), or a 
publisher without the secret key, did not start, although `publishKey` is only 
needed to publish, `secretKey` is a server-side key, and `authKey` is 
deprecated. The component tests all use a client bean, so they did not catch it.
   
   This change sets only the keys that are configured; the builder's defaults 
apply to the others.
   
   Tests:
   - `PubNubConfigurationTest`: three new tests start an endpoint that creates 
its own client, with only `subscribeKey` and `uuid`, with a `publishKey`, and 
with all keys.
   - Without the change the first two fail (`ResolveEndpointFailed ... 
Parameter specified as non-null is null`).
   - With the change all camel-pubnub tests pass: 17 tests, 0 failures.
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to