clintropolis commented on PR #20382: URL: https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/20382#issuecomment-5771284529
>I agree with you that as you're putting effort on the new segment file format, the new compression does not make sense, we also don't have any plan/interest to push these forward. To make current configuration design consistency across all deep storages, for this part, my position is that we can do a small clean up to deprecate the druid.storage.zip and use druid.storage.compressionFormat instead to eliminate ambigulty. If you don't have time, I can do this after this is merged. I re-read my last comment and it maybe came across a bit stronger than I intended 😅 , I'm certainly not opposed to wiring up those formats, and i think its probably fine if we deprecate `druid.storage.zip` in favor of `druid.storage.compressionFormat`, was mainly just trying to explain/defend why i avoided doing it in this or the last PR since the on/off toggle is a bit smaller than wiring up all of the formats. I can also potentially look into this after this goes in to unblock adding support for partial loads to google cloud storage. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
