csanchezdll commented on code in PR #3802:
URL: https://github.com/apache/nuttx-apps/pull/3802#discussion_r4110765964


##########
Application.mk:
##########
@@ -290,13 +290,15 @@ $(foreach BATCH, $(OBJS_SPILT_TOTAL), \
 )
 endif
 
-$(PREFIX).built: $(AROBJS)
+$(PREFIX).built: $(AROBJS) $(EXTLIBS)

Review Comment:
   I could call the variable `EXTRA_LIBS`, if that is what you mean. I think 
`EXTLIBS` is better, as it fits `EXTOBJS` which is used in application 
makefiles to add pre-built object files.
   If you mean *using* `EXTRA_LIBS` instead of the logic added by this PR, I 
believe that is not valid. `EXTRA_LIBS` is meant to be used by custom board 
`Make.defs` to add libraries used in very specific scenarios. There is no 
sensible way selecting an application in the configuration system can force a 
custom library appear on the final link command, unless I added conditionals 
with `CONFIG_INTERPRETERS_JIMTCL` into every in-tree board or somehow injected 
that into the non-app NuttX build system. I do not think that would be a good 
organization of the build system.
   This approach, however, is universal: any application which needs to change 
the source files it compiles (which is not unusual for configure-script-based 
systems), could now be easily ported into NuttX application repository. IMHO 
this will ease adding more apps to NuttX, leveraging its POSIX compatibility.
   
   If you think I am missing some way of using `EXTRA_LIBS` for the same 
purpose, let me know how.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to