csanchezdll commented on code in PR #20367:
URL: https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/20367#discussion_r4157687933


##########
boards/arm/common/stm32/src/Make.defs:
##########
@@ -215,6 +215,14 @@ endif
 
 ifeq ($(CONFIG_STM32_ROMFS),y)
   CSRCS += stm32_romfs_initialize.c
+stm32_romfs_initialize.o: ../../../$(patsubst 
"%",%,$(CONFIG_STM32_ROMFS_IMAGEFILE))
+../../../../../apps/examples/elf/main/elf_romfs.img:
+       $(MAKE) -C ../../../../../apps/platform all APPDIR=.. TOPDIR=$(TOPDIR)

Review Comment:
   Take into account the *only* need for libapps to be built early is on that 
specific file inside stm32.
   
   I do not see how can I fix this only in jimtcl, as I explained in the 
description of this PR. To correctly configure itself, jimtcl needs to link the 
system libraries. Without this PR, libapps gets built before the system 
libraries are build (or, more correctly, in an undefined order), and jimtcl is 
built as part of libapps, then jimtcl will have an unspecified build order with 
respect to the system libraries; nothing I could do on its own build process 
(makefile) to change that.
   
   If there was a "build late" target in libapps build process, I could 
certainly use that. In absence of that, this PR tries to build the whole of 
libapps late.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to