DanielLeens commented on PR #11271:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11271#issuecomment-5409164774

   Thanks for the quick turnaround, @hutiefang76 — and nicely done tracking 
that down.
   
   I checked the current head (`96141c4267`) directly: it does include 
`43fe63b1fc` (#11954, the `FAILED_JOB_EVENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS` fix) in its 
history, so the rebase landed exactly where I suggested in my last round. My 
approval from earlier today was already on this exact commit, so nothing 
changes there on my end — the source-level review still stands (byte-identical 
CDC logic to what I traced line-by-line, docs entries closing Issue 4).
   
   On the local test run: `IncrementalSourceReaderTest`, 
`IncrementalSplitTest`, and `IncrementalSplitAssignerTest` are exactly the 
three test classes covering the changed `connector-cdc-base` logic, so 11/11 
passing locally lines up with what I'd expect given the source is unchanged 
from the version I already approved.
   
   One thing worth flagging while it's fresh: I looked at the fork's `Build` 
run for this head (`hutiefang76/seatunnel` run `32745169272`) and it's still 
landing on `cancelled` rather than a clean `success`, across a couple of 
attempts. Everything that did complete came back green — including `unit-test 
(8, ubuntu-latest)`, which is where these three CDC test classes would run — 
but `mysql-cdc-connector-it`, `paimon-connector-it`, 
`elasticsearch-connector-it`, `unit-test (11, ubuntu-latest)`, `unit-test (11, 
windows-latest)`, and `Build website` all got cut off mid-run rather than 
finishing (attempt 2 cancelled 
`mysql-cdc-connector-it`/`doris-connector-it`/`paimon-connector-it (11)`, 
attempt 3's re-run of the survivors cancelled again). Nothing in what I can see 
points to an actual test failure — it looks like the run is getting cut off 
rather than red — but it's worth one more clean rerun (or splitting the retry 
across a bit more time) so the `Build` check actually reflects 
 a finished state before merge, since a `cancelled` conclusion won't satisfy 
the required check either way.
   
   To be clear on where things stand: my side has no outstanding blockers on 
the code itself. The one open item on the PR is @SEZ9's CHANGES_REQUESTED 
review (Issue 1 there was resolved back in `e381b8eb`, and the remaining items 
2/3/5/6/7/8 in my summary table are non-blocking, in my view) — I don't have 
dismiss rights on someone else's review, so that one will need their own 
follow-up or a maintainer call. Really appreciate you sticking with this 
through this many rounds.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to