SEZ9 commented on PR #11718:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11718#issuecomment-5409364752

   Thanks @DanielLeens — that settles the open question, and I agree with your 
reasoning.
   
   I'll go with a follow-up commit on this same PR rather than a separate one. 
Since Items 1, 2, and 6 all live in `PaimonWithS3IT.java`, which is already 
under review here, keeping them together avoids rebuilding the verification 
context a second time. Concretely, the follow-up commit will cover:
   
   - **Item 1** (timeout-path cleanup): add a best-effort in-container kill of 
the wedged `seatunnel.sh` client on the timeout path, so it doesn't suppress 
the thread-leak check or leave later tests in the PER_CLASS instance running 
against a wedged cluster.
   - **Item 2** (Javadoc scoping): tighten the wording so it accurately says 
the bound covers the single-arg `executeJob(String)` overload only, rather than 
promising automatic coverage for any future submission path.
   - **Item 6** (local/IDE caveat): add the caveat sentence about the 
non-daemon junit-timeout worker holding the JVM open outside Failsafe's 
ForkedBooter halt.
   
   None of this is pushed yet — the current head is still `d73c2b90bf`, which 
as you said is approved and mergeable as-is. What I'd ask from you once the 
follow-up commit lands: a quick pass on the in-container-kill piece 
specifically. If it turns out to need real back-and-forth, I'm happy to split 
it into its own PR at that point per your suggestion, and land just the two 
documentation fixes here.
   
   I'll ping this thread when the commit is up.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:535 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to