DanielLeens commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5412613694

   Thanks for the follow-up, @SEZ9 — same correction as I just had to make on a 
sibling PR, so let me be precise here too.
   
   My 2026-08-24 review was **not** cut off. I re-fetched its raw body via the 
API: it's 9,278 characters (well under GitHub's ~65,536-char limit) and runs 
all the way through a complete `# 5. Merge Recommendation` section ending in a 
full "Overall assessment" paragraph. Both of your questions are already 
answered explicitly in it:
   
   1. **Enum wire-representation concern**: "SEZ9 Issue 1 (Medium) ... 
Resolved, and precisely on-target." The four new tests in 
`ReportCdcProgressOperationSerializationTest` — 
`testEveryProgressOwnerRoundTripsByName`, 
`testEveryProgressLifecycleRoundTripsByName`, 
`testEveryProgressAccuracyRoundTripsByName`, 
`testEverySnapshotAssignmentStatusRoundTripsByName` — each loop every constant 
of their enum and round-trip it through the real serializer, which is exactly 
the regression-lock you asked for.
   2. **Second open item**: "SEZ9 Issue 2 (Low) ... I consider this fully 
resolved." I read the current file directly: `CdcSnapshotSplitProgress` was 
already `public final class` with all-`final` fields before `a88058bc0e`; that 
commit only added the Javadoc making the existing guarantee explicit.
   
   So: no new push needed on your end for either item — both are closed as of 
`82dee7f2b1`.
   
   One thing that *is* new since my last review: the current head's CI has now 
finished (it was still `IN_PROGRESS` when I posted), and it's red — but not for 
a reason in this PR's own diff. I traced the fork run (`goutamadwant/seatunnel` 
run `32676082024`, head `82dee7f2b1`) directly: every failing job — `unit-test` 
across all four matrix legs, plus a long list of connector-IT jobs — fails on 
the identical error:
   
   ```
   [ERROR] 
.../seatunnel-engine-server/src/test/java/.../event/JobStateEventTest.java:[165,23]
 error: cannot find symbol
     symbol:   variable FAILED_JOB_EVENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS
   ```
   
   This PR's diff doesn't touch `JobStateEventTest.java` at all (confirmed via 
`git diff dev...HEAD --stat` for that path — empty). It's a pre-existing bug 
carried in through the ~100-commit `dev` sync this PR's merge pulled in. `dev` 
has since fixed it independently at `43fe63b1fc` ("[Fix][Zeta] Fix undefined 
job event timeout constant", #11954), merged 2026-08-24 after this PR's 
dev-sync point (the fix simply swaps the undefined 
`FAILED_JOB_EVENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS` for the already-imported 
`RESTORE_TO_FAILED_TIMEOUT_SECONDS`).
   
   @goutamadwant — merging `dev` again (or rebasing) should pick that fix up 
and should get you a clean run; I don't see anything in the current failures 
that traces back to this PR's own `a88058bc0e` commit.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to