DanielLeens commented on PR #11757:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11757#issuecomment-5451473080

   Thanks for the update, @BinTaoMa, and thanks for carrying this forward with 
the original authorship preserved.
   
   I went and checked #11999 directly rather than taking the summary at face 
value, since the last blocking finding here (Issue 1 in my 2026-08-23T11:37Z 
review, independently rated High by @SEZ9 and Medium by me on 2026-08-19: the 
stale/rejected branch of `finishOwnedResources()` never called 
`recycleClassLoader(taskGroupLocation, ownedContext)` before returning) is 
exactly the kind of thing worth re-verifying rather than assuming fixed. I can 
confirm it: #11999's diff to `TaskExecutionService.java` adds 
`recycleClassLoader(taskGroupLocation, ownedContext);` right before the 
`return;` in the stale branch of `finishOwnedResources()`, alongside the 
existing call on the owned-context branch - so both branches now release the 
tracker's own class loaders regardless of which path is taken, closing the 
leak. The regression test 
(`testStaleTaskDoneDoesNotCleanupNewerGenerationResources`) was also extended 
with `Assertions.assertNull(oldContext.getClassLoaders())` after 
`oldTracker.taskDone(
 oldTask)`, which is a real assertion of the fix (not just "it ran without 
throwing") - it fails if that recycle call regresses again. Nice work closing 
this out precisely.
   
   On the overlap: since #11999 preserves this PR's commits/authorship and is 
explicitly framed as a continuation targeting the same root cause (stale 
`taskDone()` racing a newer restore generation's `deployLocalTask()`), I'd 
treat #11999 as the live PR for this fix going forward rather than reviewing 
both in parallel - it's already getting its own dedicated review pass in this 
batch, so I won't duplicate a full review of it here. This PR's head 
(`5a0a5def3dcb`) hasn't picked up any new commits, so per our usual process I'm 
not re-deriving a fresh full review on this PR itself; I'm logging this as 
awaiting a decision on whether #11757 gets superseded/closed in favor of 
#11999, or whether the fix gets cherry-picked back here - happy to formally 
re-review whichever branch ends up being the merge target once that's settled.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to