goutamadwant commented on issue #12010:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12010#issuecomment-5470914983

   @DanielLeens @davidzollo I reproduced this on the current `dev` branch with 
both JDK 8 and JDK 11.
   
   During coordinator shutdown or a master transition, the submission executor 
can be interrupted immediately before `pendingJobQueue.put(...)`. 
`PeekBlockingQueue.put(...)` swallows the resulting `InterruptedException`, so 
the submission future completes successfully even though the local pending 
queue does not contain the job. The distributed job metadata remains in 
`PENDING`, so later recovery may still be possible.
   
   Before I start the fix, could you confirm the intended contract?
   
   1. Fail the interrupted or stale submission with a retriable exception and 
perform ownership/epoch-safe cleanup.
   2. Make acceptance non-interruptible, while fencing insertion and 
acknowledgement against coordinator shutdown or epoch changes.
   
   I can prepare the implementation and regression coverage once the expected 
behavior is confirmed.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to