SEZ9 commented on PR #11545:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11545#issuecomment-5976026404

   Thanks for mapping each point to the commits on `ac6c41cdb` — that helps. I 
have not re-reviewed the diffs yet, so I'm keeping everything open until I can 
check them against a usable CI run. Notes per item:
   
   **F1 / F5 (`504eb8b29`)** — The described approach (enforcing the Java 11 
baseline and re-injecting the mandatory module flags in `seatunnel.sh` / 
`seatunnel-cluster.sh`) sounds like the right direction. I'll verify the script 
changes on re-review. Please land the `incompatible-changes.md` note with the 
next push as you proposed.
   
   **F2 (`1b1da9e86`)** — Reporting denied Kerberos reflective access in 
`KuduUtil.java` / `PaimonSecurityContext.java` instead of failing silently is 
what the finding asked for; I'll confirm the behaviour in the diff.
   
   **F4 / F7** — These still look open. `1b1da9e86` is described as Kerberos 
error reporting, which doesn't cover the `upgrade_compatibility.yml` scenario: 
the OLD 2.3.13 release being started under JDK 17 with only the jgss export and 
no module flags in its bundled config. Could you clarify how the workflow 
handles the old cluster now — does it run on a JDK 8/11 runtime, pass the flags 
explicitly, or something else? If nothing covers it yet, please add that 
handling or explain why the old cluster starts cleanly as-is.
   
   **F3** — Per-flag comments naming the consumer are helpful, but the finding 
is about scope: the flags are unchanged and still open JDK internals to 
`ALL-UNNAMED` for every jar on the classpath. I can't point to a specific flag 
as unnecessary without evidence either way, so could you share what you have 
for the Hazelcast reflective access requirement (stack traces or the failing 
paths), and whether any of the six can be narrowed or dropped? I'd like to keep 
this one open rather than close it on annotation alone.
   
   **F6 / F8 (`7c91ebec2`)** — Replacing the workflow-level `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS` 
with `SUREFIRE_JVM_ARGS` plus a `surefire.module.args` property addresses both 
concerns if it works as described; I'll confirm in `backend.yml` and the pom. 
Please also include the header-comment fix you mentioned (stale 
`jdk9-plus-test-opens` reference) in the next push.
   
   Before I re-review:
   1. Clarify / fix the old-release-on-JDK-17 scenario in 
`upgrade_compatibility.yml` (F4/F7).
   2. Add the `incompatible-changes.md` note (F1) and the `backend.yml` comment 
fix (F6).
   3. Share the evidence behind the F3 flag list, or a narrowed list.
   4. Re-trigger the fork CI after that push and link the run here, since the 
current head's run isn't usable as evidence.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1503 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to