On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RPM packaging and Ganglia plugin for metrics v2 features committed to trunk
> before in branch-0.20-security.  There is no rule that declares the new
> feature landed in trunk needs to materialized into a release then back port
> is allowed to happen.

No one is suggesting that. We're saying features should be developed
on trunk first, before being backported to a release branch. Yes,
there is no current rule that says trunk needs to be a superset of
branch-0.20, but it would help us not get stuck on a given release for
too long.

> Those are the only two new minor features that were back ported from trunk to
> 0.20 security branch.

There are others, eg MR disk failure handling, MR security, etc. that
are not in trunk but are in branch-0.20-security.

>  No one is using branch-0.20-security as their new trunk.
> Hence, the 4 part version number should not apply.

If that's so then why use a 4 part version (0.20.204.0)?

Thanks,
Eli