On 02/08/11 20:23, Eli Collins wrote:
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Allen Wittenauer<a...@apache.org>  wrote:

On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:28 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

I'm getting confused about release roadmaps right now

branch-20 is the new trunk, given that features keep popping up in it rather
than bug fixes.

When we voted to adopt 203.rc0 we also voted to adopt the new 4 part
version scheme which was intended to allow feature development on the
203.x series. See http://search-hadoop.com/m/iegPf7aDvh1

This makes things clearer.

Now, if I were to propagate a change from trunk to the 0.20.20x branch by committing it to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20-security-204/ , that's going to get into .204? Yet my proposal to do what was rejected, saying "hold for .205". Should someone create a .205 branch so that we can backport all non-critical patches for the 20.20x line into there, while the 0.20.204 becomes frozen for the release except for absolutely critical patches?