Grace,

In that case you may simply set the key/value with dummy or nulls and
return true just once (same unread/read logic applies as in the
example). Then, using the input file name (via map.input.file or the
inputsplit), pass it to your spawned process and have it do the work.
You'll just be omitting the reading under next().

--
Harsh J