Hi,

The JIRA you reference wasn't committed and has gone stale over the
past two years now. Its additions are not included in current releases
or in trunk today, unfortunately, since the patch in question itself
was not contributed back. However, the problems they describe seem to
be trivial and in-the-way-of-compile-on-platform type. You could take
a shot.

Know that there are currently two branches branch-1-win (for the 1.x
maintenance release line) and branch-trunk-win (the branch closer to
trunk) that target getting Hadoop to run on Windows-based platforms.

However, per [1] and [2] history views, neither of these seem to have
targeted specific work yet to have the libhdfs working, or maybe it
just works as it is (I've not tested personally) and hence no one has
fixed anything on those sets of files.

[1] -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1-win/src/c%2B%2B/libhdfs/
[2] -