-1, +1, -1

Python has fairly inconsistent support across all major OS vendors.  It is
hard to get it right unless the scripts are all designed to make use of
Python 2.4.  However, Python 2.4 doesn't have necessary OS features to make
Python useful in runtime or build environment unless you write a lot of
custom modules.  Which defeats the purpose to use python as intermediate
layer to do OS dependent work.  Jruby may be a better choice.

regards,
Eric