@Mohammad:
  1. have you successfully run the command Steve suggested?  "mvn package
-Pdist -Dtar -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true"
  2. If yes, and then you can use the command " find . -name "*tar*" " to
find the tar file, which is in the path
"./hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz"

  3. Sorry, I make a mistake about the tar file name, It is tar.gz

@ maisnam ns:
    I am afraid the version you are using is not the same as Mohammad used.

Ling Kun

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Mohammad Mustaqeem
<3m.mustaq...@gmail.com>wrote:

> @maisnam, I am using ubuntu and after running svn I get hadoop folder as
> given in screenshot.
> I didn't finf any build folder
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM, maisnam ns <maisnam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> @@Mohammad Mustaqeem please ignore the earlier mail as the screenshots
>> where not copied in the mail I have attached a doc file.
>>
>> You can follow the steps earlier using the screenshots I have attached.
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM, maisnam ns <maisnam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> @Mohammad Mustaqeem please follow the screenshots one by one
>>>

>>> cd build you will find
>>>

>>> Now cd hadoop-0.20.3-dev you will find the below screenshot
>>>

>>> Now the bin contains all the scripts you may need to start hadoop
>>> 1. Go to that bin directory and format your namenode
>>> 2. configure you site-xmls
>>> 3. start-all.sh  note there are other ways also

--
http://www.lingcc.com