Thanks a bunch Nathan, for clearly letting us know the Yahoo! team's
perspective.

We are getting started on rolling upgrades from YARN side (Sid opened YARN-666)
and I hear HDFS side is too.

We definitely need compatibility and testing kits. Have to get started on this.

Work-preserving restart on YARN side - we plan to scope down next.

Thanks,
+Vinod