On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <a...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> To get past all of this confusion, I'd like to present an alternate, specific
> proposal for consideration.
>
> I propose we continue the original plan and make a 2.0.5-beta release by May
> end with the following content:

If you intend to nullify a prior vote then you should be very
explicit, e.g., making that a clause in the new proposal.

  # nullify the result of the vote on general@ that started with
message-id xxx...

Also, why is this on common-dev?  Isn't this list just for discussion
of things that happen in the hadoop-common tree?

  http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html#Common

>  all attempts at calm, reasoned, civil discussion based on technical
> arguments have come to naught

Wow.  The folks you disagreed with there had absolutely no impact on
your thinking about this release?

Release numbers are cheap.  We shouldn't fight over them.

Doug