On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 03:18PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <c...@apache.org> wrote:
> > There's no misunderstanding Chris - this release is to unblock downstream.
> >
> > As for your question: I don't have a crystal ball; I wish though. I think
> > the
> > answer depends on will be there more blocking bugs found in the later
> > releases
> > of Bigtop or other downstream components.
> > This is bugfix release and, I guess, if there are more bugs found in the
> > future - more releases would have to be cut. Isn't this is why the software
> > is
> > being released?
>
> Sure, but they're all backports from the release currently marked for
> 2.0.5. Either (a) these are really blocker bugs and we should roll a
> patch release or (b) some bleeding-edge work needs to work around this
> while branch-2 is released in the next few weeks. If it's not severe
> enough to justify disrupting the versioning of snapshot maven
> artifacts in branch-2, then we're clearly not in case (a).
>
> I thought this was the result of extensive testing, and 2.0.4.1 was a
> release to enable additional integration before 2.0.5. If we plan to
> roll more releases as a subset of the bug fixes committed to branch-2
> then just call it 2.0.5. Please make sure it- and any future,
> intermediate release- is worth the disruption.

There's no plans to release anything else at this point - this is a bug-fix
release, as I pointed out on a numerous occasions. There's no new features -
just 2 fixes.

2.0.5 matter became and still is too controversial at some point. The vote
started by Arun to override the results of the Konstantin's vote never been
closed. The downstream projects are handing in the middle of the air because
of that confusion.

> > Now, the -1: I am not clear about the justification. What exactly we expect
> > "work out"?
>
> It's become fashionable to close threads and count votes in the middle
> of the discussion. I changed my vote instead of trusting you. -C

Have I missed something or you just called me a cheater and a lair right to my
face?

Cos