I don't think HADOOP-9972 is a must-do for the next Apache release,
whatever version number it ends up having.  It's just adding a new
API, not changing any existing ones, and it can be done entirely in
generic code.  (The globber doesn't involve FileSystem or AFS
subclasses).

My understanding is that GA is about stabilizing APIs rather than
achieving feature completeness on symlinks.

Colin