Here are few patches that I put into 2.2.1 and are minimally invasive, but
I don't think are blockers:

  YARN-305. Fair scheduler logs too many "Node offered to app" messages.
  YARN-1335. Move duplicate code from FSSchedulerApp and
FiCaSchedulerApp into SchedulerApplication
  YARN-1333. Support blacklisting in the Fair Scheduler
  YARN-1109. Demote NodeManager "Sending out status for container" logs
to debug (haosdent via Sandy Ryza)
  YARN-1388. Fair Scheduler page always displays blank fair share

+1 to doing releases at some fixed time interval.

-Sandy