Upgrading Guava version is tricky. While it helps in many cases, it can
break existing applications/deployments. I understand we do not have a
policy for updating dependencies, but still we should be careful with
Guava.

I would be more inclined towards a more permanent solution to this problem
- how about prioritizing classpath isolation so applications aren't
affected by Hadoop dependency updates at all? I understand that will also
break user applications, but it might be the driving feature for Hadoop
3.0?