I agree that a more robust solution is to have better classloading
isolation.

Still, IMHO guava (and possibly protobuf as well) sticks out like a sore
thumb. There are just too many issues in trying to support both guava 11
and guava 16. Independent of what we may do with the classloading
isolation, we should still consider upgrading guava.

My 2 cents.