Thank for restarting this, Arun!

The following are the efforts that I am involved in directly or indirectly
and shepherding from YARN's point of view: rolling-upgrades (YARN-666),
work-preserving RM restart (YARN-556), minimal long-running services
support (YARN-896), including service-registry (YARN-913), timeline-service
stability/security (some sub-tasks of YARN-1935), node labels (YARN-296)
and some enhancements/bug fixes in cpu-scheduling/cgroups. We also have
reservations sub-system (YARN-1051) and  YARN shared cache (YARN-1492) that
I would like to get in and helping reviews with. Almost all these efforts
are on the edge of completion - some of them are just pending reviews.
Clearly some of them will be more stable than others, some of them make it
eventually, some may not.

+1 for branching it within a week so that we can stabilize it and let other
features go into branch-2, I am putting out all the stops to get the above
YARN efforts to be in reasonable shape for 2.6.

Regarding remaining items that I haven't paid much attention, NM restart
effort - mostly done by Jason Lowe - YARN-1336 is all in. YARN-291,
YARN-18, YARN-1964 are not going to cut from what I see.

I edited the road-map to reflect this latest reality.

+Vinod

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE