Folks,

With hadoop-2.6 out it's time to think ahead.

As we've discussed in the past, 2.6 was the last release which supports JDK6.

I'm thinking it's best to try get 2.7 out in a few weeks (maybe by the
holidays) with just the switch to JDK7 (HADOOP-10530) and possibly
support for JDK-1.8 (as a runtime) via HADOOP-11090.

This way we can start with the stable base of 2.6 and switch over to
JDK7 to allow our downstream projects to use either for a short time
(hadoop-2.6 or hadoop-2.7).

I'll update the Roadmap wiki accordingly.

Thoughts?

thanks,
Arun

--