On Apr 2, 2015, at 12:40 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> We'd then doing two commits for every patch. Let's simply not remove
> CHANGES.txt from trunk, keep the existing dev workflow, but doc the release
> process to remove CHANGES.txt in trunk at the time of a release going out of
> trunk.

Might as well copy branch-2’s changes.txt into trunk then. (or 2.7’s.  Last I
looked, people updated branch-2 and not 2.7’s or vice versa for some patches
that went into both branches.)  So that folks who are committing to both
branches and want to cherry pick all changes can.

I mean, trunk’s is very very very wrong. Right now. Today. Borderline useless.
See HADOOP-11718 (which I will now close out as won’t fix)… and that jira is
only what is miscategorized, not what is missing.