Quick look tells me this is a bug that needs fixing.

Am on the road, so couldn't close the vote right after 5 days.

Seeing as this is coming up beyond the voting period, unless you feel strongly
against it, I'd like to close the vote as a success but do the following: call
this release an alpha for downstream consumption in line with my original
proposal, following it up with a 2.7.1 in two weeks.

Thanks
+Vinod