I don't think it makes sense to imprint the release quality with its
version.
They should be separate. And our recommendation for the quality can be
reflected in the documentation.
(1) is the way to go.

We had "alpha" imprinted in 2.0.5-alpha version, but both 2.0.5 and 2.0.6
releases were quite stable, for me and many others.

Thanks,
--Konst